[Rovernet] P6B rear main seal

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Thu Dec 12 21:05:07 EST 2013

Thank you, Glenn. I'm not too concerned about replacing the seal once
the pan is off. There are several ways to go with this and I do have the
"Chinese finger" rope installer. There are newer types of seals
available also. My main concern was knowing whether it was possible to
remove the pan with the engine in place...seems strange that in all
these years, I've never had to do this on a P6B. On SD1, TR8 and even
P5B, you just drop the front subframe, engine and trans. You don't even
have to remove the accessories.

Roverly,
Kent K.