[Rovernet] P6B rear main seal

Nash4447 at cs.com Nash4447 at cs.com
Thu Dec 12 22:47:17 EST 2013

Hi Kent

I tried to use a "chinese finger" to replace the upper half  but was
unsuccessful. I couldn't pull hard enough to get the new rope above the crank but
just part way.  I ended up trimming the upper half of the rope a bit to get
it completely around the journal.

But as I say, I now just replace the bearing cap side and keep my fingers
crossed that the oil leaking minimizes, and it always has for me.

I definitely remember  that I  was  able to remove the pan by lifting the
engine up a bit after disconnecting the front motor mounts. I know I didn't
touch any crossmembers, that would have been too much for me.

Just keep repeating to yourself, old cars are a FUN hobby !

Glenn