[Rovernet] Minilite or Panasport Wheels and Big V8's

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Wed Nov 6 22:46:21 EST 2013

Hi Gross,
I have a set of wheels of unknown make 5 lug by 5" that LOOK like
Minilites or Panasports. They are for sale. Contact me off list.

My 4.6 was my last Rover rebuild. All future V8's will be based on Buick
300 blocks. I got into Rovers just to have something to put my aluminum
V8's into that would haul my kids (not enough room in the TR8). Over the
years I gained an appreciation for the Rover way of doing
things...quirky but refined in an old world sort of way, so I got more
Rovers...P4, P5, P6. I drove SD1's because I understood all their
failings and could fix them. I shied away from the P6/P6B because of
their strangeness, yet in the end I fell in love with that very
strangeness. I still prefer the V8 to the four because that's what I'm
familiar with after doing them for forty years (yes, I built my first
aluminum V8 exactly forty years ago this month), but my Rover neighbor
up in Austin prefers the fours for the same reason you do, Gross. I
saved a twin-cam 2.4 litre Nissan engine from a 240SX thinking that
would make a nice swap into a TC, but never got anywhere with it. The
BW35 is the pits, but I have gotten old and lazy and like my slushboxes.
The P6B will get a 700R4 sometime next year. My five speed conversion
stuff is going to Lance.

Old Dr. Birdsong up in Fort Worth epitomizes the TC lover in my mind. He
had three. Shortly before his death (of natural causes) he took me for a
ride in his '69, throwing it around narrow country roads with a big grin
plastered all over his face and cussing the missed shifts from a too
loose gear lever. He scared the ____ out of me but he loved every minute
behind the wheel. So may we all come to rest.

Rovereminiscently,
Kent K.

Scruggs Family wrote:

Regarding the eBay 3500S... anyone know where I can score a set of
Minilite or Panasport wheels?

Regards, Gross Scruggs Annapolis MD, USA