[Rovernet] Radio for P4

Bill Forst bforst at dccnet.com
Sun Nov 24 13:49:29 EST 2013

I have a radio from a 1959 P4 100 that I want to install in my 1956 P4 90. I have already discovered that the radio I have (World Radio Inc) is not authentic to the 1956 car, but that’s OK. And I do have to modify a bit to get it in under the clock. But my biggest issue is getting it to work. It turns on, and a bit of static sound, but no reception. It has a burned out 12ac5 tube (valve… I am Canadian). I purchased a new one but it turns out to be a UF41 equivalent tube, slightly larger, and with wrong pin configuration. Has anyone had experience with such a situation?