[Rovernet] question: were any P5Bs sold new in Canada?

dmesmg at juno.com dmesmg at juno.com
Sat Oct 26 23:15:42 EDT 2013

Hello Rovernetters,
It is great to see this list back on line--I enjoy the information
shared.

I was re-reading portions of James Taylor's book on P5 and P5B cars.  He
indicated that none of the P5B model were ever exported new to the USA
but then commented that they were sold to 'countries of the old
Commonwealth where British tradition and values were appreciated.'  This
made me wonder if they might have been sold in Canada, perhaps through
the 1968 model year?

(Similarly, Canadian market MGBs were standard LHD specification and
lacked the USA-spec pillow dashboards and other features through 1968.
By 1969 they were aligned to USA spec).

Best regards,
Dan Suter (upstate NY)