[Rovernet] P3

phing at videotron.ca phing at videotron.ca
Sat Sep 7 11:42:43 EDT 2013

Barry
A "1947 with a full chassis:" would be a P2 not a P3 . A P2 is a carry over
prewar model with cart springs , rod brakes and  an elegant OHV engine . P2s
and P3s look superficially similar , but nothing, beyond the gear box ,back
axle and instruments  is interchangeable . I have  owned and spent a fortune
on rebuilding both a P2 and a P3 . Frankly I think the P2 is a nicer car .
It is certainly much easier to work on . Unfortunately  I don't think P2s
were exported to N America , good P2s seldom come up for sale in the UK . A
poor P2 is a bottomless money pit .
Cheers
Patrick