[Rovernet] P3

Ben Saunders bsaunders at firstva.com
Sat Sep 7 20:33:45 EDT 2013

Hi Barry,
Thank you for the input and do see what you can find in the way of the rear
springs and let me know. You must be out there near Ben Rodgers. He and I
have had a good deal of correspondence over the years. Great fellow and I
wish him all the best. You may be right about getting another P3 but they
are rare and I was shocked to fine two anywhere near me over the years. The
first was the British embassy car which was sacrificed as a hot rod and the
second is the one I have that had the Falcon engine and automatic
transmission. Derek Spooner, a friend of mine in the UK did some research
for me and found the record of the car L4830023 to have been dispatched to
Barcelona Spain in April of 1948. The original tags are "CA5063" which I
would like to see if anyone can find the history of that registration. I
will admit that there was a time that I thought the Rover V8 with a 5 speed
might be nice but I finally came to my senses and went with the drive train
from a 1959 Rover I acquired prior for spare parts for a 1960 100 I also
have. The 59 Rover 100 RHD was a rust bucket and beyond repair but had a
fresh rebuilt engine and transmission in it. This has been a real challenge
but that is what makes life interesting and I just hope I can save the old
gal to ride again.
Regards,
Ben