[Rovernet] SD1 gearbox in my 3500S P6

Steven Dibdin sdibdin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 22:28:53 EDT 2013

Hi Bill,

I had LT77 gearboxes in two TR7's years ago. One was a later car that had ATF from new. The other a few years older. The change from hypoid to ATF transformed the shifting and general refinement of the gearbox. The only problem I had was an oil seal blowing shortly after the changeover. Not sure if that was related or just bad timing.

I changed to ATF ran it for about 20 miles, drained and then added fresh ATF again. I did that again just to be sure I had flushed all the old hypoid out.

Hope that's some help.

Steven

Sent from a small screen, please excuse any typing errors.