[Rovernet] Dash wood

Ben Saunders bsaunders at firstva.com
Wed Sep 18 09:49:44 EDT 2013

Hi Barry,
It does seem that Rover could not make up their mind on the dash design. I
have a favor to ask if you can do it for me in that I need an accurate
measurement from the rear of the frame (the back side of where the body
mounts) to the center of the rear cross member tube. And please if you can
do this check both sides. When I removed the rear springs things started to
move around and there is a difference between the left and right. The main
thing I am concerned with is getting the distance back as correct as I can.
The elevation I am not too concerned with now but that too is subject to
change. There is a nice LED product you may be interested in called Maxxima
http://www.maxxima.com/products/product_detail/551/34-Amber-Mini-Clearance-A
uxiliary-Turn-Light.html#.UjmqSxBCozQ you might want to check out. I used
these for the mark / turn lights on the P3 since they fit the housing
perfectly after taking out the spring contact that is in it originally and
removing the rubber surround that comes on the LED. You do not have to
damage the light fixture to do this but do be careful in that these are from
Asia and the white wire is negative and the red and black are positive. The
lights have a low and high setting which will allow you to use them for
directional signals as well as marking. They also come in red which I plan
to use for the rear lights as well since I have a set of original clear
lenses to go on the car after I make a rear end to put them on. I plan to
use the lower portion of the rear fixtures for amber turn signals. I have
some clear / red D-lights for the license plate and for back up lights. I
had some of the Lucas motorcycle lights on it for turn signals but they
looked bad and I am not sorry to see them go. I also rigged a dual solid
state flasher system, one for each side so that I can have the trafficators
go up and have their lights flash but not have the arms flapping like a lame
duck. There is an override switch on that part of the system to spare the
trafficators from over use.

Regards,
Ben