[Rovernet] Using a Tach with CD ignition

Scruggs Family gjkzscruggs at verizon.net
Fri Dec 19 14:43:08 EST 2014

Dermot,

The Delta Mk10 CD was state of the art about 1970.  While it may work there
are many better systems since then.  (Make sure the Mk10 bypass button on
the end is in the correct position.)  I've used three different CD systems
and a magneto on my '67 TC and the very best was the MDS 6A.  MSD makes a
'tach adaptor' that takes the guessing out of making the tach work with a
CD.  MSD is short for 'multi-spark discharge' and at cranking speed it
'buzzes' the plug with many sparks per ignition pulse which makes even the
SUs start like real carbs.  That and a Pertronix system to eliminate the
points and you'll have a modern ignition system.

And a Merry Christmas to all.

Gross Scruggs