[Rovernet] Reflections on the need for more cans (was NADA 3500S Servo)

Roland Drew roland at maisondrew.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 16:47:31 EST 2014

Gentlemen, you do not just need to know the servo can size but also the
boost ratio of the particular unit you are looking at....and that will
depend upon the original application of the booster you are looking at. I've
seen plenty of mis-fitted units in the uk as boosters failed and
replacements - which look externally identical- were taken from rover and
others in salvage yards. However I cant comment on the twin booster P6 as I
have no experience or knowledge/reference on them but am familiar with
'identical' servos in AM V8's and Bristols who both used twin servo systems
in period with P6.