[Rovernet] 3L gearbox sloppy

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Thu Jul 17 08:08:34 EDT 2014

Steve and Geff,
The ball at the bottom of the lever is not spherical but eliptical in
cross section.  Somewhere, sometime, I read an article about machining
one of these from Delrin and pressing it onto the lever (not an easy
task).  I have a P6 shift lever with the end ball intact, but I wouldn't
want to put it in a car because of the way they break.  It would be
sufficient for a pattern, though.

As to the pivot seat, even NOS ones can crumble, so make sure the new
seat has not been exposed to heat for long periods.  Surely someone
makes improved replacements for these parts.

Roverly,
Kent K.