[Rovernet] Another set of rare bits required.

Tom Rymes via Rovernet rovernet at rovernet.org
Fri May 23 13:18:59 EDT 2014

On 05/23/2014 12:17 PM, GeffMcCarthy via Rovernet wrote:
> Thanks!  I noted that it charged slowly and we made it all the way to San
> Jose (there is an old song with those words, I think...) but in city traffic
> the battery slowly died. Will seek and replace bulb!
>
> AvMedSafe
> Geoffrey W. McCarthy MD MBA DipAvMed

Geoffrey,

Keep in mind that a blown bulb may be a sign of a problem with your
alternator, as was mentioned before, but may just as easily be due to
the fact that the bulb in question is potentially 45 years old, so I
would suggest that you replace it first and see if everything works as
advertised.

Another note is to remember that part of the reason the light comes on
when you first turn the key on is so you can confirm that it is working.
Modern cars still do this as well, with all of the warning lights
illuminated briefly so you will know if one is not functioning before
you find out the hard way!

Tom