[Rovernet] UK SD1 V8 engine ECU?

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Tue Nov 4 14:33:52 EST 2014

Hi Geff,
4CU expertise in the US resides with the Triumph Wedge Owners
Association, and more specifically with Jim TenCate, the current
president.  The only email I have for him is <tencate at mac.com>
Jim should be able to advise you on emissions related matters. Your SD1
would be an antique in Texas and thus emissions exempt. Don't know about
Oregon.  The same ECU (exact same part number) is used in all EFI
equipped NAS SD1, TR7 and TR8.  I have not personally run a modified ECU
but I have extra stock ECU's if you want to modify one and "temporarily"
install it in your car. Modifying the ECU requires that you remove the
catalytic converters and Lambda sensors or risk destroying them.
Roverly,
Kent K.