[Rovernet] Rovernet Digest, Vol 27, Issue 2

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Sat Aug 22 23:26:09 EDT 2015

Guys,
Be careful swapping 3L7 heads.  There are at least three different
ones...(1)early with integral intake manifold for Mk. I's, (2)the first
Weslake head up through Mk. IIb and (3)the later Weslake head with oil
drainback used on Mk. IIc and Mk. III.  Each head only fits the matching
block, though it is possible to use one Weslake head in place of the
other if you plug the appropriate oil return in either head or block.
Rocker gear in both head and block differ between the integral intake
heads and the Weslake heads.
Roverly,
Kent K.