[Rovernet] P6B final gearing

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Mon Mar 2 18:14:37 EST 2015

Hi Netters,
Jonathan Present, who is on the list, is building up a P6B.  He lives in
San Francisco and does mostly city driving.  He would like to explore
the possibility of using 3.45:1 gears in the diff.  I know the 2200 rear
ends have the requisite gears and are like the V8s, but there are
virtually no 2200's in North America and certainly none being parted
out.  What about using a Series 1 2000 diff?  What are the actual
differences?  Opinions? Problems?  Should he just get one sent from the
UK?  I think I just exceeded my area of expertise.
Roveringandpinionly,
Kent K.