[Rovernet] P5 running problem.

Tom Rymes tom at rymes.net
Mon May 18 19:04:01 EDT 2015

Peter,

You mentioned replacing a bad vacuum line to the distributor, and it sounds to me like that, combined with a mixture adjustment resolved your lean condition?

Regardless, this has reminded me of the fact that almost every old car I have bought with a vacuum-assist brake booster system has had original or nearly original vacuum lines fitted. In nearly every case they were brittle, cracked, and leaking badly, requiring major adjustments the carburetors to try (and almost always fail) to overcome that large vacuum leak.

I doubt that has anything to do with your problems, but I thought I would mention it for the benefit of others.

Tom