[Rovernet] P5 problem persists

Juliet Keiler lingfield51 at btinternet.com
Sun May 24 13:34:24 EDT 2015

Sorry to hear your problems persist Peter. It can be so frustrating trying to ID an intermittent fault.

It does sound so typical of the dreaded vapour lock but assuming you have an electric pump then, in theory, it shouldn't happen......in theory.

The only suggestion I can offer is maybe carry some Easy Start with you and maybe drive it with the air filter off so when it dies again a quick squirt straight into the throat of the carb may narrow it down to fuel or electrics. If she coughs and maybe runs for a second it must be a fuel issue, if it doesn't even cough it must be electrics....... In theory. 😏

Alan

Sent from my iPad