[Rovernet] play in 3500s differential [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Coombs, Michael MR michael.coombs at defence.gov.au
Wed Apr 27 21:36:24 EDT 2016

UNOFFICIAL

Barry and Vern,
There was a major change in the Crown wheel mounting bolts from Diff
number Suffix D onwards Essentially the later ones have 12 x 3/8 UNF
bolts the early have two fitted bolts and 10 standard, loose fit in
wheel, 5/16 UNF bolts. Both require Thread locking compound and high
tensile washers of the correct thickness. Obviously this is also
important if you are buying a new gear set as the thread is in the crown
wheel.
Michael

----------------
Mr Michael Coombs