[Rovernet] Rover Bonnet Badge of Unknown Era..

British Rover britishrover at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 12:59:22 EST 2016

I have a R0VER Bonnet Badge of Unknown Model or Age era. Not sure if
it is a duplication or an Origanal. It has the slight arched curvature
to be placed on a hood, with the three pin mounts. They are extremely
small in dia and threaded, inwhich two pins were broken upon removal,
but the third intact. The Badge is abnormally large in my way of
thinking, and Heavy, seemingly made out of pot metal or brass. My
guess is pot metal. It has the kinda basic shape of your typical Rover
SD1 badge but much largerand again heavy. It shows a very nicely
pronounced "Viking Head" with an outlined Sail behind it. There is no
wording. The badge is not a blob of a making, but quite defined.
Anyone have any ideas?? I'd appreciate any input.