[Rovernet] 1971 Rover 3500S 5 speed for sale

Bill Robertson rover2000nut at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 30 12:23:04 EST 2016

1971 Rover 3500S 5 speed for sale
Hi all,         Health problems do not allow me to play with my toys anymore so i regretfully have to sell. I have a 1971 Rover 3500S that i inherited from my friend who passed away,  in rust free condition...has been stripped down to base unit and and fully sand blasted and repainted in anti rust paint.. The body is great and repainted in stunning Metallic silver ......The fenders are fibreglass though and are missing the rubber seals to the body. The interior is good to excellent ....the carpet is not the best but seats and dash are great. The base unit was rusted around the battery box and was incorrectly welded over so the battery sits in a moulded box on top of its original location. The rear trunk is from a 2000TC as it was damaged by an idiot and the front hood is missing the winter/summer aluminum air vents under the hood but still has the scoops on the hood. The engine has a new Holley 4 barrel carb, but my friend did not install a new intake manifold gasket and oil leaks here....The engine also smokes under heavy acceleration and could use a refresh ......The SD1 5 speed is noisy in 5th gear .....  I haven't driven it in a year and when i started it here the slave cylinder or master must be leaking as i have little clutch pedal and pumping it gives me a little .......I have a new master cylinder for it but not a slave cylinder or kit.......The rear half shafts may need new u joints or balanced because i remember a vibration at around 65-70 mph...however when i got my son to remove a wheel for me i discovered the wheels have the wrong lug nuts on them so the wheels may be the culprit.......They are Magstars and require the what i call shoulder style bolts and their are traditional acorn nuts on them and the tires are older .......I have 5 Magstars with the car and a spare engine block with crank and pistons and heads but not enough parts for whole engine...Don't know why.....The car has 2 new aircraft fuel pumps on it...main and back-up spare ....It has A/C all there but not working of courseThe car ran reliably as is but , will now need the clutch bled........ This car is solid and the perfect winter project to be ready for the summer ..........5 speed and V8 = great funI'm looking for a firm $5250.00 CDN..........The car was appraised in 2014 at $18,000 and i'm in Oshawa, OntarioEmail me for pictures and any info you requireBill Robertson  billrobertson at rogers.com