[Rovernet] R: info MGB front wings metallic seals source

Ruotolo Gianluca (G&M CS) gianluca.ruotolo at enel.com
Fri Jun 17 12:28:40 EDT 2016

Dear friends,

		Excuse me but I need an information.

I am the owner of a 1978 MGB GT, rubber bumper, and I had front wings removed to repaint them because of rust.

Now they will be refitted and I am looking for the metallic seal between the body and the wings.
I asked Moss and Rimmer and they are not easily available any more.

Have a look at this link:

Please, are these in your opinion the correct parts?

The left one and the right one? see the link

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/ItemSearch--search-Mgb-Front-Wings-Seal--srcin-1

Any ideas? Did someone use tailored made ones in copper, also on other cars?
This could be an easy and cheap solution, I did the same on an exhaust several years ago and it is still going strong.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Ciao, best regards, GR