[Rovernet] seized clutch

garrett bourque gbbourque at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 08:50:03 EDT 2016

It has been a maintenance rich spring for a lot of people's Rovers!  Hank,
I am sorry that you have had your clutch problem!  I spoke to Andre Shay
yesterday.  In his P6B 3500S V8, the oil pump/distributor drive developed a
problem while he was trying to turn the oil pump's drive shaft, in order to
prime the engine before restarting it.  I will travel to Connecticut to
pick him up, stay at his house tonight and arrive at the Rover gathering on
Friday.  I just finished removing and reinstalling the heater box back in
my own car, in order to address a foot well leak, under the heater, when it
rains.  After removal, I also found myself searching out numerous vacuum
leaks!  Disassembling the heater box, of my formerly AC car, revealed the
problems and a maze of vacuum hoses to sort out and fix split ends on where
they plug into switches and the servos, which move the flaps inside the
heater.  Everyone loves a challenge right?!  See you soon!  Garrett Bourque