[Rovernet] 3.5 to 3.9?

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Mon Mar 7 20:32:22 EST 2016

GeffMcCarthy via Rovernet wrote:
> I saw that advert for the Vitesse plenum in the SD1 magazine.  Too bad that they are so rare.  Maybe we could "print" one!!
> I think you said that the RR plenum is more free flowing than the standard SD1, no?  thanks again Dermot!
Although the Vitesse (and Twin Plenum) both use the 4CU system, the
computers are internally different.  Vitesse and Twin Plenum were never
fitted with cats.
The RR plenum for '87-'95 Classics is the same casting as the Vitesse.
If you have smog inspection, the RR plenum would not technically pass a
"visual inspection."  If you are looking for something that will just
pass a sniffer test, you are better off using the RR 14CUX system and
three way cats...power potential is easily 240HP for a 3.9.  14CUX is
much more tolerant of cam changes.  If you want a 14CUX system or just
the plenum, I can supply either.

Haven't we had this discussion before?

Roverly,
Kent K.