[Rovernet] 3.5 to 3.9?

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Mon Mar 7 20:49:20 EST 2016

Now if there were only a good exhaust manifold for the V8 that would fit
in the P5B engine compartment... Gross Scruggs Annapolis MD

Hi Gross,
There are several "better" exhaust manifolds for the P6B.  Best bolt on
for the money is the "S" type manifold fitted to European/UK four speed
cars.  I have had two sets of these and you can use them with the stock
automatic trans downpipes or have slightly larger ones made up.

The most interesting installation I have seen was done by Garrett
Bourque.  He used RR Classic manifolds and cut notches in the frame
rails to clear them, then reinforced the frame rail by boxing in the
edges of the notch.  This was a number of years ago and the frame hasn't
broken off yet.  This is the car that currently sports the glass roof.

RPi Engineering may still have tubular headers for the P6B.  See this
listing:  http://www.v8engines.com/exhaust-9.htm

Roverly,
Kent K.