[Rovernet] Observations Concerning the Rover V8 engine family (read only if you have time and interest)

Kent Kinard kkinard at att.net
Wed Mar 9 08:36:22 EST 2016

Hi Peter,
Permission gladly granted.

I met Miles through the Rover Car Club of Canterbury years ago. He later
went walkabout doing custom harvesting in north Texas one and used our
house as home base.  We were living west of San Angelo at the time.  The
weather that year was horrible and they didn't get much harvesting done,
but Miles filled his spare time by working on my NAS P6B.  On our next
trip to NZ (2001), my wife and I spent the night with Miles' parents,
Ron and Pam.  I brought Ron a collection of early Land Rover literature
and we enjoyed their hospitality and Ron's Rover collection.  When I
needed a LR door skin for my P5B Coupe, Ron found what was probably the
last new one on the face of the planet and sent it to me.  Miles and his
fiance are supposed to pay us a visit in San Antonio on their way to
Toronto sometime this year.

Roverly,
Kent Kinard
San Antonio, Texas, USA