[Rovernet] P6 TC2000 tyres

Scruggs Family gjkzscruggs at verizon.net
Wed May 25 18:54:21 EDT 2016

Gord,

If you want the OE size tire 165-14 then Pirelli is making them again but they are rather expensive... http://www.lucasclassictires.com/Pirelli-Cinturato_c54.htm

Coker Tire... https://www.cokertire.com/ also does vintage.  They have Michelin XAS in 165 and 175-14... I've used this tire and I prefer it to the OE Pirelli.  They also have the Michelin XWX which I have also run... the super tire of the era and still used on vintage Ferraris... and are expensive!

By the way... Michelin keeps the molds of every tire they have ever made.  When the National Air and Space Museum's Garber Facility was looking for tires for a restored Voisin biplane of the 1930s they contacted Michelin who surprised Garber by offering to make as many as they wanted from the original molds!

My size of choice for the 2000TC is 195/60-14 but unfortunately there are very few of this size produced... search that size on Tire Rack for exactly six hits only two of which are of interest, at least to me.  I have a set of unused but now old Yokohama AVS Intermediates in 195/60-14 mounted on refinished SD1 wheels just waiting for my '67 TC to become again mobile.

I have sent letters to several tire manufacturers complaining that they have abandoned the 14 and 15 inch sizes... my Audi quattro takes 15...  and to reconsider making good rubber in those sizes.  More letters to that effect would not hurt.

Gross Scruggs
Annapolis MD