[Rovernet] Early 2000 TC Tachometer Removal

Tom Rymes tom at rymes.net
Sun Apr 9 22:19:11 EDT 2017

Thanks to everyone with their help on my other posts. I would now like to look into removing the tachometer on my car, as it seems to be reading high.

My car has the early-style tachometer mounted next to the instrument panel, with the clock mounted to the right of the tach in the center of the dash in its own binnacle, just as in the SC cars. It does not have the clock and tachometer mounted together in their own housing with the clock to the left  of the tach.

I checked the service manual and parts catalogue, but I was unable to find anything indicating how to attack this challenge. Can anyone provide some insight?

Many thanks,

Tom