[Rovernet] P6 Heater Core

Steven Dibdin sdibdin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 07:08:21 EDT 2017

I made new seals and gaskets using self adhesive foam tape from Home Depot. They sell it for sealing around in window air conditioning units.

I used the lighter weight open cell foam for the internal seals (you want them to be easily compressible). And a heavier weight closed cell foam for the external gaskets (closed cell foam won't absorb water and promote rust ). I used multiple layers for the gaskets interleaving the overlaps on the corners to gain a better structure. The gaskets need to be around 3/4" think when finished, the foam seals much thinner.

It does involve drilling out dozens of rivets to dismantle the housing, keep track of it with photos.

"Where did you find the heater gaskets and seals?
1966 P6 TC2000
Gord Reddy"

Sent from a small screen, please excuse any typing errors.