[Rovernet] Ongoing hacking

Franc Buxton fab at stunnedbuffalo.com
Mon May 1 08:58:42 EDT 2017

On 01/05/2017 13:44, LANCE LA CERTE PSY D via Rovernet wrote:
> Is anyone else getting this?   This has been going on for weeks.   Would appreciate the administrator looking into this.

    It seems that a spam bot has managed to subscribe with the name
"Rovernet". I think all that is necessary is for a list admin to delete
that user unconditionally. I guess it may also be that a genuine
subscriber has used that name and has had their account hijacked from
their end.

    As far as I can see as a Mailman admin on other lists it should be a
simple fix. If not, I would really appreciate a report from the list
admin to help with any issues my lists may have in the future!

    Cheers,
       Franc.

--
Franc Buxton