[Rovernet] 1954 Rover 90 for sale in Beverly, MA

Steve Manwell sman_mail at comcast.net
Sun Oct 29 08:43:36 EDT 2017

All,

Here is a lead on a P4 for sale in Massachusetts:

The owner, Bruce Caswell, bought it at a local auction something like
five years ago. He had been thinking of selling the car due to some
health problems and other projects, and currently has interest from
another local car guy.  Bruce wanted to be sure to offer the car to
Rover people first as he wants to know that the car will go to someone
who can take good care of it.

He is asking $4,000, but it sounds like he would be happy with $3800
from a Rover fan. I have a few photos of it from 2014 when he drove it
to Rove America in central Mass.  – unfortunately most of the photos are
cropped from shots of multiple cars, so they don’t show details of the
car that well. Let me know if you want me to email photos.

Bruce reports that it is a solid, rust free, un-restored RHD Australian
market car. From what I saw of it in 2014 and what he has told me along
the way, I think he is representing the car accurately.  He has the
paper work from the import and records of some work that was done at
Burnett’s Garage in Wenham, MA which is a reputable British car shop.
That work included rear brakes and a new clutch.  Bruce has replaced the
tires, battery, muffler, and water pump, repaired the shift linkage, and
put on seat covers over the original seats.  The front brake drums and
shoes need to be replaced.

As a 1954 P4, it has the earlier front and rear styling, it is the first
model year with the floor shifter instead of the original column shift,
and it has freewheel rather than the later overdrive.

If you are interested, Bruce is at 978-314-1063 and blcas at comcast.net

Rover regards,

Steve Manwell