[Rovernet] 1969 P6 2000TC

Gianni D'Ortenzio giannid at bigpond.com
Sat Apr 21 18:26:46 EDT 2018

Last time I did a clutch in a P6 was about forty years ago in dad’s garage (2000 SC, my first Rover).
Horridly difficult with minimal tools and car ramps.

This time I thought, “older, wiser and more cashed up….. get someone else to do it”.

Quote was more than price of hoist, so…..

Maybe it is an Australian thing, ‘cause like Roger, I thought it an opportunity to do the many maintenance items.
Lot of oil leaks to fix and reco starter motor fix dodgy wiring, replace original hard plastic clutch line, etc, etc etc (apologies to Yul Brynner).

Gear change like new after rebuilding all the rubber mounts around the gear lever. Made my own and used excellent drawings in parts manual to guesstimate sizes.

Love my hoist!
Bit like getting the twin cab utility, made me lots of new friends!