[Rovernet] Run 2000TC without tachometer?

Tom Rymes tom at rymes.net
Sat Apr 28 12:44:19 EDT 2018

Dearest Rovernet,

I have the tachometer out of my ‘66 2000TC for a rebuild, as it finally gave up the ghost after being inaccurate for a while.

I vaguely remember that some vehicles’ tachometers are wired such that they will not run with the tachometer removed (unless you modify the wiring). Is this the case with the 2000? Are there any live wires or other hazards one should watch out for if running without the tachometer? (+12V wires, etc)

Many thanks,

Tom