[Rovernet] 2000TC Starter Trouble

Gianni D'Ortenzio giannid at bigpond.com
Mon Jul 23 20:30:09 EDT 2018

Something similar happened to me after likewise sending starter motor off to auto elect for rebuild whilst I had engine out for clutch replacement.
Turned out the end fittings fell off the shaft and I had to eventually “fish" out the bits from the bell housing.
Magnet from an old hard drive on a length of wire did the trick!

Replaced it with a spare I had (un-reconditioned) and all good since then.

You might have to remove it to examine.
Need small monkey like hands to get in there with engine pipe etc!

Cheers Gianni
1948 P3 six light
1961 Series II Landrover
1968 2000 TC