[Rovernet] 3500S steering relay

Steve Manwell sman_mail at comcast.net
Thu May 24 22:12:24 EDT 2018

Hi Garrett,

Coincidentally I discovered today that the steering relay on my 3500S is
the source of the clunking noise I was hearing at times. I thought it
might be a worn ball joint or steering rod end, because the clunk was
related to steering and sometimes associated with the right front wheel
hitting a bump.  It turns out the relay is loose on the mounting bolts.

Hopefully it will tighten up ok, but the bolt holes may be warn larger.

Did you find a rebuildable relay yet?  If not, do you need one before
RA18?  It's not clear to me how different they may be compared to 2000
relay, but it seems like one from a 3500S should be available if there
is a difference.

Steve Manwell