[Rovernet] Fuel filter (Tom Rymes)

James Radcliffe j_radcliffe at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 19 09:16:09 EDT 2019

Today's Topics:

   1. Fuel filter (Tom Rymes)

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 20:59:08 -0400
From: Tom Rymes <tom at rymes.net>
To: rovernet at rovernet.org
Subject: [Rovernet] Fuel filter

My early 2000TC has a glass bowl fuel filter in it, and I was wondering if anyone has a good part number for the paper element in it. I?m sure I could dig it up eventually, but was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction and save me a fair amount of work.

Many thanks,

Tom

It has a gauze element in it and it is cleanable. The Rover workshop manual recommends cleaning in petrol, but I suggest using something a little less flammable. I can look later and see if I have a part number. I do have a spare I think a spare one on an old pump. I can look tonight and check the part number too if yours is not serviceable/ cleanable.

James.