[Rovernet] Master Cylinder for 1970 3500P6b

Steve Manwell sman_mail at comcast.net
Fri Jan 11 22:11:53 EST 2019

I have one of these on my 3500S and it seems to work OK.
https://www.welshent.com/Jaguar-Brake-Master-Cylinder-P24162.aspx

The only variation I know of on the Rover and Jaguar master cylinders of
this type is that the very small piston and associated O-ring seal
between the air valve and the hydraulic side is smaller on one of them.
I am not aware of any practical difference in operating function among them.

I have had trouble with leaks from rebuilt units of this type after a
couple years of service, even when they are sleeved in stainless, due to
some combination of seal material and maybe wear in a plastic bushing
that get reused.

--Steve Manwell