[Rovernet] P6 parts for new owner

Steve Manwell sman_mail at comcast.net
Mon Jan 14 22:12:02 EST 2019

Hello Bob,

Supplement 605485 will get you a step closer by covering the tandem
brake system used on North American market cars from 1968 through 1971.
These are the so-called Federal spec cars, meaning they were modified to
meet US Federal safety and emissions regulations.  I have a photocopy of
this supplement and may have a spare original.  This manual will also
cover HS8 carburetors, but your car has further emissions modifications.

There is at least one later supplement that covers the 70-71 changes.  I
think I have one somewhere, but haven't located it, so I can't cite the
part number.  There are also later supplements and manuals that cover
UK-spec Series II 2000TCs.

Assuming your car is a Federal Series II car (that is, it has the later
plastic grill, later restyled hood, all round gauges instead of strip
speedometer, etc) then it may be useful to assemble all of the above
manuals, because there are very few of these cars and they are a blend
of late Federal components and early Series II components.  There were
222 Federal Series II serial numbers, of which about 200 were assigned
to cars that were sold.  There were many more Series II 2000s and
2000TCs sold from 1971 onward in other markets, but the rest of them
lacked the tandem brakes, emissions control components and added
lighting and reflectors.

Hoping you and your 2000TC can come to Rove America in Massachusetts
this year or sometime soon,

Steve