[Rovernet] Mea Rover's frigus, frigus cor meum

LANCE LA CERTE PSY D lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Sat Jun 8 12:39:09 EDT 2019

I'm finally going to dive into the decades of  pathetic heating in my P6B (1970).   Would appreciate any and all ideas of diagnosing and solutions.

Background: my heater has been anemic for 30 years; yet I have a friend with a 3500S whose heater is hotter than hades.
I completely rebuilt my engine with correct thermostat.   All hoses were replaced, and the radiator re-cored (but the heat was just as anemic before it was re-cored).

The blower fan has always seemed just as anemic as the heat---sooooooooooo, could it really be that if I rebuilt/replaced the blower fan that I would suddenly have adequate heat?

The only other important piece of information I can think of, is that during the engine rebuild, I never had the small heater core pressure tested (that being said, when I had the engine radiator re-cored there was no indication of any blockage after years of use-----the re-coring was done to successfully decrease engine operating temperature)

Thanks in advance for any help

Lance

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>     Virus-free. www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>