[Rovernet] Differential gears

gjkzscruggs at verizon.net gjkzscruggs at verizon.net
Sat Jun 15 20:55:04 EDT 2019

It's a direct swap.  Years ago I went from the 3:48 to a 3:08 in my '67
2000TC by replacing the entire diff.  Swap is an easy remove and replace.
Caution though as I understand the 2000 differential is not as 'strong' as
the 3500 diff... look at those extra fins.

I used to correspond with a guy in New Zealand that swapped just the gears
from his 3:08 diff to the gears from a 3:48 which retained the stiffness
from the 3:08 diff case for use in his 4 spd 3500S.

Never a fan of the BOP 3.5 V8... I'm still considering a swap to the Ford
302.  Let's see... the Ford oils, it cools, it has power, it's good enough
for Cobras and Mustangs... hmmm.

Gross Scruggs