[Rovernet] Tire size for steel wheels on Federal Series II 2000TC

Steve Manwell sman_mail at comcast.net
Wed May 1 21:29:10 EDT 2019

Bob,

That's correct that they came with 165r14 (aka 165/80-14).  There is a
Vredestein radial available in that size from the classic tire
suppliers. I’ve heard positive reviews of these on 2000’s (and 185-15's
on P4's).

I have some old Dunlop 185/70-14s on my TC and seem to fit and look OK;
these are on Rostyle wheels which might be a little wider.  The same
tire size designation may have different actual diameters depending on
manufacturer, etc.

Later cars like yours should have the bent rear links that clear wider
tires better.

Steve