[Rovernet] Geezers...

Alan Francis partviking1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 04:36:32 EST 2020

Hi Glen, I've been watching from the sidelines but now its geezer time its time to raise my head above the parapet. The 20+ years since I first got a PC with Internet access have flown past and I well remember discovering Rovernet and the many names on here some as you say sadly no longer with us. Like you i feel we all owe a great debt to Eric Russell who's wisdom is much missed. TheUK was devoid of any Rover sites and Ebay UK was still some years away. I have a certain pride that my Ebay account is still all in dollars (Ebay.com) not GB pounds. I know we had some great to and fro conversations and remember them with great pleasure. I have kept the faith and my current fleet consists of 2 x 1964 P6s 1 x 1959 P4 90 and 1 x 1940 P2 12hp for restoration. Good luck with your impending move, I cannot match a new valve but I'll raise you a hip replacement! All the best and if its not to early a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. Let's hope 2021 is much better than 2020.Alan Francis ( Partviking)Sent from my Galaxy