[Rovernet] Bumper Iron Gaiter

LANCE LA CERTE PSY D lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Sat Jan 25 15:58:01 EST 2020

Car: '70 P6B  NADA

Replacing the bumper iron gaiters (X2) for the front fender as mine have rotted out.     The ones listed on JR Wadhams: https://www.jrwadhams.co.uk/browse-p6-categories/p6-rubber-products/bumper-iron-gaiter.html
are exactly the spare pair I had bought a number of years ago.

As it turns out my original gaiters are much longer (the section which rests up against the painted valence) and wider, completely covering the opening in the lower valence/grill through with the bumper irons protrude.  I'm wondering it the NADA cars lower valence had larger "slits" in the valence to allow for the wiring for the low slung turn signals.
The new ones I bought, and Wadhams' don't cover the opening correctly.

Does anyone know of a source for new/remanufactured NADA gaiters, or does anyone have a pair I might buy which aren't rotted out.

Any help would be appreciated,   Lance