[Rovernet] Lance's dead pumpkin

geffandjulie at comcast.net geffandjulie at comcast.net
Fri Mar 27 22:04:24 EDT 2020

Lance, I can top that: Mercifully close to my garage, a great clang, and no go. I thought it was the recent trans rebuild, but upon dissection, the right half shaft had sheared, at the point where the splines start. The left already had 1-2mm deformation and was doomed.  A guy in WA, north of Seattle had several spare diffs, so I replaced it. It's a long way from you, but... The other resource here is the Rover Car Club of Canada, which does have expertise and spares. Good luck.

Geoffrey W. McCarthy MD MBA DipAvMed
677 NW Melinda Ave
Portland OR 97210
503-241-8468 (h)