[Rovernet] Bob's Key Dilemma

Steve Manwell sman_mail at comcast.net
Wed Dec 29 18:06:12 EST 2021

Hi Vern,

It also seems possible that Bob's 1970/71 car would take the same
steering lock and ignition assembly as the contemporary Federal 3500S
with the same style gauges and dash.  The part number for that assembly
is 570177.  This type takes a double sided key, i.e. cut on both sides,
and the blank has one slot down one side and two slots down the other side.

Here is one on ebay for reference (apparently also missing a key):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224756391601

It may or may not be easier to remove the whole upper steering column
and the column lock as an assembly (a la the ebay ad) rather than trying
to remove the shear bolts.

Steve