[Rovernet] tech specs for the early Rover V8 camshaft

dmesuter at rochester.rr.com dmesuter at rochester.rr.com
Mon Jul 19 22:32:14 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,Does anyone have a listing of the technical specs for
the early Rover V8 camshaft as fitted to the P6Bs etc?
A bit of background: I am working with a local engine builder to fully
rebuild the original Rover V8 engine in my factory 1973 MG BGT V8
(factory fitted engine, not a conversion). Through this helpful group
I was able to purchase an original cam ERC 2003 from Pierre (super
pleased!) and other parts from Rimmer Bros and all has gone very well.

Engine block has been bored, crank polished, rods resized, heads
redone, and is now nearly fully reassembled and I am very pleased with
where things stand.
The engine builder has asked for the technical specs for the camshaft
and I have not found them in my Rover Three Thousand Five and Rover
3500S Workshop Manual (surprisingly). He is after the various values
in degrees.
Thank you in advance for any info you can provide.
Best regards,Dan SuterRochester, NY, USA