[Rovernet] Rover P5 numbers

Jon Stanley jonathan.b.stanley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 08:40:49 EDT 2021

Hello from sunny Texas,
I recall the RCCC member roster shows a handful of P5's owned by members
across North America but it is not an accurate indicator of how many
remain in existence by non-members. There's several on the Pacific coast
but I couldn't give you a number. I know of at least 5 or so that exist,
2 of which were auctioned off within the past year, a '60 Mark I and the
other had a seized engine. There's definitely a few in Massachusetts and
some in Canada.

I myself have 4 here in Texas, 3 that were acquired from Kent Kinard in
San Antonio, and one that once belonged to Kent and then went off to
Virginia to a new owner for some time and then I brought it back to
Texas. '63 Mk 2, two '66 Mk 3 (all LHD) and a '67 P5B RHD. I wouldn't
count one of my '66's as a complete car as it's just a body shell at the
moment with no drivetrain and interior. At some point I might just
accumulate enough parts for it to rise from the ashes again.

Regards,
Jon