[Rovernet] P6 Parts for new owner -- Federal Series II 2000TC

Ruggeri, Robert Robert.Ruggeri at suny.edu
Wed Jun 9 20:52:32 EDT 2021

Hi All:

My Series II Federal 2000 TC is finally roadworthy.  It has gone through the hands of several mechanics over the past few years but ultimately Arlo at Imported Car Center Auto Sport in Burlington VT has now sorted everything out.  Transmission replaced; engine rebuilt; etc.

The hood had blown off while being test driven by an earlier mechanic and is no longer useable.  Arlo has sourced a hood from Florida and has tried to install it but it apparently is not a Series II hood nor one for a V8.  (It's temporarily  kept in place with those metal rings which I don't like at all.)

Does anyone have a hood, or know of one,  that will fit this car?   I am told that any V8 hood will fit.
The engine ID plate says 7/71 is the build date.  VIN is  43500220A.

I also need new A/C components aside from the heavy bracket.  What is the modern compressor and other engine bay AC parts that will fit?  Sanden?

Thank you.

Bob Ruggeri

Niskayuna, NY