[Rovernet] P5 3L driveshaft

dmaxwell at as.net dmaxwell at as.net
Mon May 24 16:20:53 EDT 2021

I pulled the driveshaft out on Friday and you were right, the key was
sheared off.  I was able to tap out both halves and after doing a
little filing, the replacement key fit in nice and snug.  It now
appears that there should be two keys, 180 degrees apart from each
other.  I thought that might be the case but could not tap out the
part of the key that was still stuck in the center part of the cone
shaped piece.  I think I'll just leave it for now with just one key.
I tightened the nut down, using a breaker bar, as tight as I could
with locktite on the nut and a cotter pin in the end the shaft to keep
the nut from coming loose.

Thanks for the information!

David
California