[Rovernet] Fashion, hilarity, death, romance, drama, and a Rover thrown in for good measure

Lance La Certe lacpsyd6 at msn.com
Tue Jan 4 00:51:59 EST 2022

Don't think anyone has mentioned this film in the past.   If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend you fasten your seatbelts and take a gander at The Dressmaker (2019) starring, among others, Kate Winslet in a truly wild ride.  True, true, many of the critics said the same thing, i.e., the writer/director Jocelyn Moorhouse didn't know when to stop, but I say 'screw the critics'.   This is a crafty revenge farce darting in all sorts of directions, with a crew of truly crazy characters (Winslet's mother basically steals the show)-------all of whom are periodically upstaged (in my humble Rover-inflected opinion) by a lovely 75 (aficionados, please correct me if I wrong).

I saw it on Amazon Prime, but I suspect it is available on multiple formats/providers.

Enjoy,  Lance

​